Artistic Director – Africa Guzmán Ballet School
Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Registered Teacher since 1982
Born on July 21st 1959, she started to dance at the age of four at her mother´s School.
During her career she has been taught by well-known dance professionals including; Africa Guzmán, Arcadio, Carbonell, Juanjo Linares, Raissa Kuzniecova, Patricia Mc. Donald, Debora Wayne, Sallie Lewis, and Maya Plisetkaya.
In 1979, she completed her RAD examinations in Classical Ballet.
Since 1980, she has taught children Classical and Character Ballet at the Africa Guzmán Ballet School, under Royal Academy of Dance System.
In 1982, she obtained the title of TEACHER MEMBER from The Royal Academy of Dance in London. Since then, she has presented students in the category of Major, (higher level), for the RAD examinations.
Since 1986, she has collaborated with Africa Guzmán’s Ballet, as Academic Director and Teacher, also participating in repertoire roles in the Company’s performances.
With more than 40 years of experience as a ballet teacher, she has prepared students for various competitions both nationally and internationally.
In 2004 she was invited as member of the tribunal for classical ballet examinations in ACADE (Spanish Association of Private Education Centers).
She participated in Alicia Alonso’s master classes in 1990 and Maya Plisetskaya in 1992, organized by the Ministry of Culture, INAEM.
As a registered RAD teacher, Julietta must maintain continuous development, ensuring that she is fully up to date with the latest teaching methods and technical knowledge.
Some of the most remarkable courses in which she has participated are the following:
- In 1997, Anatomy and Physiology applied to dance by Dr Juan Bosco at ACADE.
- In 1997, Dance’s Pedagogy – ACADE.
- In 1998, Introduction to the technique of toe work by Jean Nucki at The Royal Academy of Dance.
- In 1998, Choreographic Workshops at ACADE’s Institute of training and educational (I.F.I.E.) research.
- In 2000, Classical Ballet Didactic Methodology at the European Foundation for Education and Freedom (FUNDEL).
- In 2004, Free Movement and Character. Anthony Croome, Royal Academy of Dance.
- In 2005, Improvement and revision RAD Children’s Degrees from Pre-primary to V Grade by Laura Madden.
- In 2011, Techniques Teacher Certificate to present the new “VOCATIONAL DEGREE” of the Intermediate Foundation.
- In 2012, Teacher Certificate to introduce the new Grades 1, 2, and 3.
- In 2020, Methodology of the tip technique by Marta Bosch, European Foundation for Education and Freedom (FUNDEL).