The school has also participated in:
Madrid en Danza at the Real Conservatorio Profesional de Danza.
Collaboration with Maya Plisetskaya and the Ballet of the National Lyric Theater in Isadora Duncan.
International Dance Day Gala in Madrid (Community of Madrid)
Lions International Club of Madrid (Charity Galas)
United Hands association in Talavera de la Reina (Charity Galas)
International Dance Day Gala in El Escorial (Madrid)
International Human Rights Day (benefit galas)
Madrid Capital of Culture 1992 as part of the Tribuna de la danza contest.
Christmas Festivals in “Casa de Vacas” of the Retiro of Madrid organized by the City Council of Madrid.
Dance conventions organized by ACADE
XVIII Jornadas musicales Cervantinas de Alcalá de Henares (XVIII Cervantine Musical Conferences of Alcalá de Henares)
Foundation for mentally handicapped children of “El Mar de Yaki” (Charity Galas)
60th Anniversary of the British Council in Spain
Project XXI Century (Charity Galas)
APADIS, National Association of parents of handicapped children (Charity Galas)
Nutcracker with the National Dance Company of Jose Carlos Martinez at the Royal Theater in Madrid and at the Auditorio Felipe II del Escorial.
She has also been a regular guest in different recordings for TV programs with Jesús Hermida, Nieves Herrero and Isabel Gemio.
The Ballet School since its creation and together with the Ballet Joven Africa Guzman, a company created by Africa Guzman from 1986 to 2006 under the artistic direction of Maria Europa Guzman and Julietta de Oceania as a ballet master, has performed in different theaters and cultural centers nationwide. Performances that culminated the preparation of the students and were considered as a practice of artistic training and of maximum importance for the academic training because of the approach of the students to the public.
These performances took place in theaters and cultural centers such as:
Teatro Español, Madrid
María Guerrero Theater, Madrid
Teatro de la Zarzuela, Madrid
Teatro Monumental, Madrid
Alcalá Palace Theater, Madrid
Salamanca Theater, Madrid
Calderón Theater, Madrid
Isabel la Católica Theater, Granada
Cervantes Theater, Alcalá de Henares, Madrid
Carlos III Theater, El Escorial, Madrid
Teatro Principal, Talavera de la Reina, Talavera de la Reina
Emperador Theater, Leon
Teatro Cervantes, Sonseca, Toledo
Teatro Villa de Madrid, Madrid
Alameda Theater, Malaga
Castillo de la Triste Condesa, Arenas de San Pedro, Avila
Nuria Espert Theater, Fuenlabrada, Madrid
Conde Duque Theater, Madrid
Albeniz Theater, Madrid
Nuevo Apolo Theater, Madrid
Teatro de Madrid, Madrid
Jose Mª Rodero Theater, Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid
Palacio de Congresos y Exposiciones de Madrid, Madrid
Centro Cultural Obra Socioal Caja Madrid, Morata de Tajuña, Madrid
La Pocilla Cultural Center, Galapagar, Madrid
Antonio Machado Cultural Center, Madrid
Galileo Cultural Center, Madrid
Centro Cultural Buena Vista, Madrid
El Pozo Cultural Center, Madrid
Nicolás Salmerón Cultural Center, Madrid
Cultural Center Torrejón de la Calzada, Madrid
Centro Cultural Peñalba, Collado Villalba, Madrid
San Juan Bautista Cultural Center, Madrid
Casa del Reloj Cultural Center, Madrid
Centro Cultural Federico Chueca, Madrid
El Torito Cultural Center, Madrid
Municipal Board of Retiro, Madrid
La Elipa Municipal Council, Madrid
Barajas Municipal Council, Madrid
Municipal Government of Orcasitas, Madrid
Municipal Government of Moncloa, Madrid
Municipal Government of Hortaleza, Madrid
Municipal Government of Leganés, Madrid
Municipal Government of Arganda del Rey, Madrid
Casa de Cultura Aniceto Marinas, Brunete, Madrid
University of Journalism, Madrid
The wide repertoire that was developed during the years of the Ballet Joven encouraged the students to know the repertoire of the dance as well as new specific creations for them that broadened their artistic growth.
The Ballet Joven África Guzmán included in its repertoire classical and contemporary ballets such as:
Flowers of Genzano
Corsair, Pas de deux
Don Quixote, complete ballet
La Fille mal Gardeé, Complete Ballet
Raymonda, Pas de Deux
Corsaire, Pas de Deux” and Pas de Trois Odalisques
La Bayadere, Act II
Sleeping Beauty, Complete Ballet
The Nutcracker, Complete Ballet
The Swan Princess, adaptation of Swan Lake
Light in the shadow
Air de poro
A Irmandade das strelas
Concert of Scores
At present, it is the founder Africa Guzman herself who continues to lead the direction of the school along with her management team formed by her daughters Julietta de Oceania (Member Teacher of the R.A.D.), Maria Europa Guzman (Former Dancer of the CND-Member Teacher of the R.A.D.-President of ACADE) and Africa Guzman (Former Principal Dancer of the CND and NDT-Choreographer-International Teacher-Assistant Nacho Duato ballets).
There are countless artists and dance professionals who have collaborated and shared their artistic knowledge with this school during all these years, such as; Maya Plisetskaya, Julio Bocca, Juanjo Linares, Sallie Lewies, Jose Racero, June Christian, Luis del Río, Patricia Mc Donald, Debora Wayne, Arcadio Carbonell, Gonzalo García, Carlos López, Raúl Tino, Alícia de la Corte, Aurora Bosch, Karemia Moreno, Lizz Burr, George Christoff, June English, Dagmara Brown, Jorge Orozco, Regla Ortega, Azorín, William Spencer, Laura Morera, Ricardo Cervera, Antonio Calero, Karen Waldie, Justin Meissner, Francisco Lorenzo, Javier Monzón, Eduardo Vallejo, Clyde Archer, Luisa María Arias.
From the age of four the students are trained in an artistic discipline that they develop in a professional way with the preparation for examination in each of the academic categories according to their ages, thus preparing themselves in the private careers of the Royal Academy of Dance (R.A.D.) of England and ACADE (Association of Autonomous Centers of Private Education of Spain) of National character.
There are numerous national and international awards that the Africa Guzman Ballet School has achieved over the years among which stand out:
- Young dance competition of Verona, Italy, gold scarpetta
- Valencianne Dance Competition, France, gold medal.
- Competition Villa de Caen, France, gold medal individual and two-stepping
- Competition of Lausanne, Switzerland, semifinalists
- Prix Carpeaux, France, silver medal for men and bronze medal for women.
- Dávalos-Fletcher Foundation Awards of the Terpsichore Cultural Association, Castellón, Spain, first prize for contemporary.
- Anaprode 2006, Tarragona, Spain, Gold, silver and bronze medals in classical and first prize in contemporary in professional and pre-professional categories.
- International Dance Competition Alcalá de Henares, first prize in classical ballet by groups, first prize for the best choreography “Via Interris” by Maria Europa Guzmán.
- Danza Europa Competition, Italy, first prize for group, adult category in Classical Ballet; second prize for individual, adult category in Classical Ballet; first prize for group, adult category in Funky.
- Dance people International Dance Competition, Valencia, Spain; First Edition: First prize, adult individual category, third prize, adult individual category, third prize, junior individual category, first prize, adult duo category, second prize, adult group category; Second Edition: first prize, junior individual category, third prize, junior individual category, third prize, youth individual category, third prize, adult individual category, third prize, adult duo category, first prize, youth group category, first prize, adult group category.
- National Ballet Competition Ciudad de Torrelavega, Spain. 2016 First prize in the Children’s category.
- National Ballet Competition City of Torrelavega, Spain. 2021 Second Prize in the Superior category, Tiroll Theater Residence, Innsbruck.
In 2020 the school creates Africa Guzman Dance Project, directed by Africa Guzman (daughter) Dance Company that offers a wide repertoire of different styles with which highlights the versatility that characterizes this company. AGDP offers dancers their first experience in the professional world.
AGDP has been invited to dance in Madrid in Danza 2021 at the Real Colise Carlos III del Escorial and has made several performances in theaters and cultural centers in Madrid.